Pregnancy – You’re not Alone
There are people who can help you in these tough moments to
cope with your thoughts and emotions. They will tell you what to do next and where to go!
How to Join
You’ll complete a FREE comprehensive personal health assessment based on your needs so that we know exactly what issues you have with your pregnancy and what help you need.
You’ll receive a personalized report based on your assessment results and a health plan for the next month.
Have a free 30-minute video conference call with Dr Manuel Serrano-Gil to discuss your issues, your concerns and how Global Health Alliance can help you. You’ll also get access to a library of useful resources and materials at a private membership site, a dedicated Facebook group, and discounts for other online services online provided by our partners.
We will try to provide weekly and monthly support along the whole treatment with a combination of expert and peer support.
Recognized and Funded by:
Dr. Barometer Practice in Diabetic Retinopathy
Pan-American Health Organization
World Health Organization
- 1. What is the difference between the Expert Patient Movement and other peer support groups such as Alcoholics anonymous or a therapy group?
- Normally, peer support groups are lead by patients and therapy groups are lead by health professionals. With the Expert Patient Movement, groups are lead both by patient peers AND health professionals. This program is about SUPPORT. With support, you will get the motivation and the trust and self-steem to achieve your personal health goals.Read more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_Patient_Programme
- 2.How is this not-for-profit?
- We need contributions and donations from participants to get the project rolling, but GHA is a not-for-profit organisation under Dr Manuel Serrano-Gil’s CSR wing, the Education, Health and Society Foundation. We are also asking for donations under a crowdfunding campaign. Ideally, the costs of the project should be covered by governments, companies etc.
- 3. What kind of diet do you recommend? Is this program a substitute for my personal follow-up with health professionals?
- We dont recommend any specific diet or type of exercise. This program is not about health information or about WHAT to do. That needs to be specified by your doctor, nurse, etc. Nevertheless, we can recommend general counselling. All health information always needs to be confirmed and applied specifically to your case by your personal health professional. The program is not a substitute for, but a complement of your personal follow-up by your health professional.
- 4. What is the role of the providers/leaders/facilitators of the meetings? Are they qualified? Are they all health professionals?
- Providers/facilitators can be health professionals and/or patients or simply citizens willing to help others without a commercial purpose. When health professionals participate as facilitators, they do so not as health professionals as a personal health provider. They are not at meetings to answer health-related questions.
- 5. What is the group meeting methodology?
- The Expert Patient Programme in Spain started based in the Chronic Disease Self Management Program from the University of Stanford. Patients can learn skills to manage groups, using motivational interviewing and other evidence-based techniques.We also recommend evidence-based medicine interventions delivered over the web by other institutions.
- 6. What happens to the money I pay?
- The majority of the money is refunded if you attend meetings because that is the purpse of the project. Any remaining funds are used to provide free health solutions for people who need them. (e.g. pregnant women.)
Join Our Movement
Take the first step with the GHA health assessment.